Friday, January 27, 2012

CASE OF EPILEPSY AND ABNORMAL BEHAVIOUR

CASE OF EPILEPSY AND ABNORMAL BEHAVIOUR

When I first Visited her place, I heard typical deep sound as if some animal was making that, Her grandmother cautioned her Father “ Don’t take Doctor near her now, wait for the Ghost to go down” Gudiya ( her nick name) is in violent anger, she has just spitted on the face of her mother. I was watching her from a distance she was sitting in a well lighted room constantly chewing, talking and staring , during this period of her Anger, Her parents told me that she was suffering from convulsions since her childhood, They told me that her hands remain cold and face becomes hot after the attack, I asked how you get to know that she is going to have attack, they told that she used to make a loud shrill noise before attack and her feet starts jerking and this jerks gradually spreads up, the limbs become stiff, she keeps on stretching them without being aware of what she is doing. She desires acidic and sour food, She stares at us during that period. By this time her phase of anger was gone she became perfectly all right and cheerful, she called me near and said everybody fears me, nobody wishes to come near, tell them to sit beside me, When I asked anything you wanted to tell she said Doctor I fear that Ghost, look my hands are cold, back is cold and this coldness is to the last of back, and face is hot, and see I feel this heat is coming out from my ears in form of wind It all happens when I become Ghost. She had a history of delayed first menses and Irritability during menses. After Starting the medicine she responded Very well and got cured. What is your understanding about the case, almost 3 years have gone she is not taking any medicine and living a normal life. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment